[amayausers] Re: Changing Graphic size

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:04:55 -0600

Ron,

 You did not offend at all. Conversations were heading in a direction that
was assuming the wrong and incorrect conclusion. I just wanted to make sure
that all understand that just because one has a problem, does not mean
others will. It seems when ever someone has an issue, the first thing to do
is call it a bug in the software and cause panic among others. A water pump
going bad in a car does not mean that all cars water pumps are going to go
bad. They are just computers folks, no magic. An electronic erector set. A
tool meant to make your life easier, (yeah right),, <grin>

 Why do problems always equate to problem=software. Why not
problem=computer? Anything from Windows, or other programs installed that do
not play well with others etc, bad sectors on a hard drive corrupting a
file, and on and on. I cannot count the times I have asked people to run a
good anti-virus or spyware program to only find their computer is full of
the stuff. Maintenance should be done routinely to insure the hard drive is
kept in the best shape possible and running smooth. There are lots of WEB
sites with information on running Scandisk, Defrag and Disk Cleanup. A good
start is
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_october08.mspx,
or go to www.google.com and type in Disk Maintenance XP and click on search.
A little reading and a little maintenance to the computers that are the
backbone of running your embroidery business will go along way towards
preventing problems.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems