[amayausers] Re: Cap Issue

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:22:55 -0600

Are you talking about "Athletic Mesh" material.  I've seen shirts and hats
made with this stuff.
What do you mean when you say "poly" on top???

I'd use two layers of cut-a-way backing and maybe even one or two layers of
tear-a-way on top.  You know, to give the thread something to hold on to.
Possibly stopping the machine before the design ends and removing the excess
topping possibly before the design does it's outline.  That's if there IS an
outline.
        Here's an idea, get some patch material... like the iron on stuff you
find
for little boy pants knee caps at Wal*Mart, and iron it on to the back of
the cap front.  We've done that before.
        You could always tell the customer that the design in question doesn't
sew
out well on a cap like that because the intricacies in the design cause for
problems in holes of the fabric.
        We've sewn on mesh bags before but it's always been large fonts or big
designs with plenty of backing.
Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery