[amayausers.com] Re: Can someone help "Blending"

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 13:25:57 UT

This message was posted by Greenwing on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/659.html#000011

Hey all
I hate when a problem gets resolved off group and never gets passed on to the
group so here is the answer.

I emailed Rod & Sharon the file I was creating and here is what they Found.

*******
My message to them

Rod or Sharon

I know I have no right to ask this but,

I am a member of the Amaya group
I have been trying to use the Blend tool.

I have attached a file that though in DS it shows a color
separation for the layers in the blend.

It does not transfer this to the AOS when sent to the machine.

Can you peek at it and see what I am doing wrong....

Sorry to ask
but I am at the end of my rope here...

**********
Rods Reply

Jerome,

The problem you are having is that you are trying to save "Custom Density"
elements as an OFM(condensed) file format. If you go into the "Help" toolbar
tab(search) in DS and type in blend, and then select "Top Stitching" and scroll
way down to the auto blending section, you will come across a "Note" that says
"Custom densities cannot be saved as a condensed file." You must save this type
of file as an EXP format for the colors to carry over into AOS.....I don't have
a clue why this is, but....some nerdie geek creation  I guess......

In your design I found that between the LA and the S was a stitch(element)
connector that messed things up when the design was saved as an EXP. Instead of
having 10 colors, only 9 showed up as it was color blocking the yellows in the
LA and S together as one. By converting the new EXP yellow element back to
wireframe and putting in a new color break at the connector point, this allowed
the 10th color to now be carried over when the design was resaved as an EXP
file.

Attached is your design saved as an EXP with the changes I described above... (
My wife says that she can hear you already ;-)}....)

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer

Thank you again Rod & Sharon