[amayausers.com] Re: Can Amaya be of any use to me here?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:01:23 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/619.html#000009

Dear Kamalzango,
Just so you know, I am a technician, a trainer, a consultant, a digitizer, a
jokester, a husband, a father, a lover, a fighter, etc...

A quick note on digitizing..  Although the art of digitizing runs parallel with
embroidery, it IS, in fact, a trade unto itself.  You can learn how to draw a
stitch in a matter of seconds but it can take months, even years, to become a
proficient master of the art.  That's not to say you can't make money in a
short time but you probably could make the same money shopping the digitizing
out to someone else and making your money on the embroidery.
If you are committed to learning digitizing, as I was, then you really should
be comfortable with embroidery first so that you can understand why certain
steps in digitizing are important.

Even though you live in Malaysia, you could still come to a training class at a
Melco facility after purchasing software.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
If you are willing to pay the travel and training expense, I'll come to
Malaysia and train you myself.  Anyone else want to go to Malaysia with me?
How about it Rod??

To get the demo of software, you would have to talk with a salesperson and they
would send you out a DVD disk.  I've seen other software that you can download
from certain websites but I don't believe Melco has anything like that as of
yet.

I still say you should have a machine first.  Learn embroidery and then learn
digitizing.  After you digitize a design for someone, you are going to want to
sew it out first before giving it your final approval.  When I first started
digitizing, it wasn't uncommon for me to sew a design out, then make changes,
then sew it out again, then make more changes, then sew it out again,.....
Sometimes up to 10-15 times.  I hope you get the idea.

An embroidery machine is like a car.  There will be things you can do to
service it like add gas and change the oil but if the engine falls out, you
will have to bring it to a shop.  With a embroidery machine, because of it's
size, traditionally you have a tech visit the machine where ever it is located.
 And I've gone to some crazy places to work on a machine.  (Isn't that right
Rod??)  If you have a mechanical aptitude, that will help but if you are going
to really take it apart, you should have professional technical training.  I do
that too but it ain't cheap.

Glad I could be of help to you.  I believe in the philosophy of Karma,  "Do
unto others before they do unto you".  Uh, I mean.. "Do good things and good
things will happen to you."  I still, learn valuable information from all the
wonderful folks who participate on this list.
As they say on TV, "Pass It On".

Ed