[amayausers] Re: Calling all Techs!!

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 07:37:00 +0000

Ron,
The reason you see bobbin on the top side of the garment is because the bobbin
tension ultimately is looser than the upper thread tension.
So either your bobbin is giving up tension or your top thread delivery system
is holding onto the thread when it's not supposed to.
My thoughts here are in the bobbin case, the bobbin spool and thread feed
roller system.
Knowing you are rather talented in embroidery, I trust you've considered all
aspects of the bobbin case, bobbin spool and all things considered in that
area.  If nothing else, changing out both would eliminate your troubles if this
is where your problems stem.  I would wonder if you're having any issues with
how the thread is being fed through the thread feed rollers.
I visited a customer who had a broken thread feed drive gear that was rotating
like a broken wagon wheel and was only making contact with the thread feed
roller gears approximately half the time.  He was getting a similar effect.
What I would do is choose a design that has a lot of consistent stitch lengths
like the block letter I's.  What you want to look for is a consistent rotation
of the red thread feed roller while stitches of the same length are passing
through the rollers.  If you see that the roller(s) appear to be inconsistent
with their rotation,  then maybe you have thread tangled within the roller
gears or drive gear or possibly a broken tooth on a gear.  These kind of
concerns would cause the thread feed roller to intermittently stop delivering
thread to the garment and ultimately the bobbin would then compensate by
offering up more bobbin thread able to be seen on the top side of the garment
in sporadic locations.

At first glance, it appears as though your bobbin is only showing on the black
threaded needle.  Could it be something related to thread used most of the
time.  Have you tried moving this spool to another needle location?

You say you don't have the software with the auto acti-feed feature...  My
thougths here are "Get It".  Believe me it's worth it.  Too much to go into now
but it's worth the money hands down.  One doesn't realize how material
thickness, underlay quantity, overlay density, bobbin tension, thread / bobbin
quality, and stitch length factors change as you're sewing and with the
improved software, the amount of thread being delivered to the garment changes
as necessary, on the fly.  Sometimes, one setting does not fit all.