[amayausers] Re: Business question

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:40:49 -0400

I have another trophy/engraving shop in next state over and I give him 25%
of all orders he gets for me if I supply the material (screenprinted shirts,
whatever). Once he gets established with suppliers, he will switch to having
the stuff dropped shipped-then I just charge him 'contract printing' or
embroidery price and no more commission-he'll make it off the markup on the
materials.
For an In-house employee-if ALL the sales work, artwork design, layout, etc.
is done ON HIS OWN TIME-then I'd pay 25%. IF he/she is 'bringing in' orders
but you still have to do the layout, setup, consultation, etc. and collect
the money-I'd go 10% or so as a 'finders fee'.
Depends on how much work YOU have to do-and if you are STILL paying the
employee to do the job! Remember, you might be able to turn them into a full
time sales person!
Don't want to cut your profit but don't want to double pay them either!
Roland

From: Jstgrma@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:15:03 EDT
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Business question

I could use some help with a business question...
I have a part time person that is bringing in clients and business.  Do any
of you give a commission or bonus for accounts that employees bring in?  How
much?  I'm not sure how to handle this.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Karen
Embroidery Plus