[amayausers.com] Re: Bridal Tote Bag Design

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 16:40:07 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1123.html#000005

Kind of in the same line of thought-we were just up in Freeport Maine at the
home LL Bean store...they have taken the basic, well known 'LL Bean Tote Bag'
to a whole new level...entire room filled with variations and you can get
custom embroidery done on the spot...we looked through a door and saw some sort
of 'el basico cheapo' sewing machine set up-no sign of hoops, bars,
clamps...more like a 'desk mounted' system, maybe 4 colors...didn't see
moveable needle head or anything. But they have not gone to '25,000 stitch'
designs-it's more like 500-600 stitch design repeated around the tote, your
basic simple name drop, 3" area designs...but totes now go from little 6"
'lunch box tote' to oversize 'boat tote'...
we usually get totes from Sanmar to fill an order up to get free freight, then
throw a company logo on one when we get a commercial order and give one to
them-always results in orders for more.
Just a thought to all of you for ways to pick up business a little!
Deliver an order for a dozen polos or couple sweats in a free tote and
customers remember it...