[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin Thread

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:54:22 +0000

Tom,
To answer your question with one general statement may not be doing you any
justice.
How familiar are you with the Auto Digitizing feature??  Those digitizers who
use the auto digitizing feature know that as powerful as it is, some editing
may be required depending on the graphic image that was used.
Therefore, True Type fonts are seen as graphic images by Design Shop and are
therefore run through the Auto Digitizing feature to create stitches.  (Correct
me if I'm wrong here Jeff B.)  What this means is that you may or may not have
to do some editing to achieve the results you are looking for.  Even if the
result you are looking for is for it to sew out neatly.
I tell new customer's of mine to sew out a sample of the font in question and
if you like what you get, include it in a list of T/T fonts that you will use.
All other T/T fonts should then be catagorized as those fonts that might need
editing.  And when you have had the training and experience of editing, you
will be able to incorporate those crazy T/T fonts into the list of fonts
offered at your shop.  Remember that there are literally thousands of T/T fonts
available for free on the Internet.  They weren't all created with embroidery
in mind.

Good Luck,
Ed Orantes

-------------- Original message from "Tom Ladow"