[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin Thread

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:03:53 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/426.html#000001

I'm not sure why I don't see a reply to this...should have been a ton of them.
Bobbin thread showing through is caused by:
1) bobbin tension not tight enough...do the 'drop test' and snug it up if
needed. If the bobbin is TIGHT, you won't see it on top-it's loose bobbin that
gets pulled up through
2) pressor foot too tight on material...pulling the top thread tighter which
can pull bobbin thread up to show
3) material thickness (density) is too 'tight' (if you are using manual
setting, not automatic) raise it up one number, test, increase it another one,
test...it can be different value for every type of material you sew on,
sometimes even the same shirts can have a variance in the material.
We found we get the best results using the magnetic bobbins-very little
showthrough.
Worst is on 'teeshirt' (jerzee knit) fabric-it is such a thin material with no
loft-unless you put a lot of backing, 2 layers of 3 oz. or so-the bobbin can be
pulled right up through it.