[amayausers] Re: Back up designs

  • From: Darlene Weber <image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 05:49:24 -0700 (PDT)

No, I have Windows Professional!  When I try to save it also states that save
file has failed.  Then if I do get ot to save, when I try to open the CD, it
does not recognize Design Shop software and asks me to go the the web and find
something!

  Can anyone tell me what I should do from the beginning then on how to save
files and copy to disc from this step forward or should I be using a removable
hard drive???  I guess if someone could give me their step by step for saving
to CD process I can see what  I might be doing wrong.

  Thanks for all of your help folks!  You are all life savers!

Lee & Barbara Ott <digitalstitchz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My first assumption is that you are using Windows XP. My second assumption
is that you keep the JPG files in the same folder with the OFM files.

The reason I asked if you dragged and dropped to the folder to backup to CD
was that if you drag and the file highlights with a minus sign rather than
with a plus sign as you are dragging then it is being moved (not copied) to
the CD folder.

My first recommendation is to seperate JPG into a folder called IMAGES and
keep your OFM/DST designs in a folder called DESIGNS. Second
rercommendationis to do a copy and paste you DESIGN folder to the backup CD
Drive.Lee

Digital Stitchz

905 Texas Street

Fairfield, CA 94533

(707) 426-9963 Phone

(707) 426-9983 FAX

Embroidery, Applique, Vinyl Lettering &numbers, Screenprinting &Laser
Engraving