[amayausers] Re: Back up designs

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:24:08 -0400

Just a thought - there is a product by western digital in the AmayaUsers.com
marketplace you may want to consider for one step backup...

To do our backups, we use a NAS or Network Attached Storage - plus the
software for automatic backup that came with it.  You simply pop two hard
drives in it, plug the device into your existing network, run the software
on every computer on your network which adds the device as a "drive letter"
for storage.  You can then store anything there like you would a hard drive
- plus a free piece of backup software automatically syncs folders you
choose locally with the NAS.

It's pretty nifty - and not expensive.

Netgear Storage Central SC101
http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-SC101NA-SC101-Storage-Central/dp/B0009RML8S/in