[amayausers] Re: Auto digitizing

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:41:54 -0500

A lot of those 'Cheap' digitizing shops are overseas where the labor costs
are much lower than the U.S. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving my credit
card number to a company I don't know. There are some that advertise in the
trade magazines that seem to be affordable as well. I personally do the easy
3 or 4 color designs myself. But the more difficult designs go out to my
digitizer. (Such as a logo with 10 different colors.) Maybe once I go to
DesignShop training and get some digitizing training as well I will do it
all in house.

From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:20:00 -0500
One of the first designs I needed done was for 12 jackets-and a
digitizer recommended by a Melco rep was going to charge $250 to do it!
So after a couple days of trial and error with Designshop I had it
done myself.
There have been links posted to several '24 hour digitizing shops'
with prices down to $25 or so for a design...but I have never used them.
If your customers will pay for it, and you don't have the time, use a
digitizing service. If you have the time, and the customers don't
have the bucks-do it yourself!
Except for some problems at times with hat designs, I'm doing pretty
good. Next week will be the first true test with my designs and the
new actifeed setup-haven't done any hats since I installed that
except for testing when the machine was serviced.
Roland