[amayausers.com] Re: Any ideas for a two machine shop setup?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 05:41:41 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1095.html#000001

Hi Don,
I strongly suggest checking into a hooping station such as HoopMaster.  You can
view it at HoopMaster.com and watch little video clips of how to use it.  Makes
life so much easier for placement.

Secondly, you are from Nevada so you will have dry, hot air. You may need to
purchase a small humidifier.  Lots of grief can be created from dry thread.

If room, get a small table that can fold up so you have room to hoop, trim,
fold, etc.

BE sure you take training--either at Melco or have a trainer come to you.  Save
yourself many headaches and really learn how to oil and lube the machine.
Maintenance is absolutely imperative with these machines---don't wait for the
timers to come up because they are created to think all needles sew the same
amount of stitches and we know they don't.  So keep the needlebars that are
used most often oiled a bit more frequently.

It is late so that is about all I can think of off the top of my head.  Do
remember there is a learning curve with these machines and don't get
discouraged.  It does take time and lots of practice.

In our very early days of embroidery someone told us "you just have to pay your
dues" and it kind of ticked us off.  However, we have since learned that there
was a lot of truth to that statement.  You will have great days and days you
close the door and walk away for awhile---don't get discouraged.  There is a
lot of help on this board and glean all you can from training.

Sharon & Rod Springer
Techs and Trainers
Star, ID