[amayausers] Re: Another machine problem

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:13:41 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/134/2.html#000016

So, allow me to clarify.  The item you just posted - that is what the first
post should have been.  That's the kind of info we on the list need in order to
help - that is why the list was started in the first place.

As an IT Professional, I need to know a few things.

1) What operating system are you using
2) How much ram do you have
3) Are you using Dell's onboard video card or did you upgrade.
4) Are you using a widescreen monitor.
5) Are you running your monitor at the MFGR's recommended resolution.
6) What version and level of Design Shop and What version of AOS are you using.

To me, the display issues seem video card related.  Which means, Dell could
have an updated driver for it or even a bios update.  You need to check on
that.  Even out of the factory, we get shipped items all the time that have
outdated drivers or old bios on them.

If you are using a widescreen monitor, don't.  From what I understand, DS/AOS
isn't going to display correctly.

Trimmer wise, definately talk to someone at melco.  Not sure about the colors
taking.