[amayausers] Re: Amaya os

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:27:16 -0400

I really want this one
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=222-0863

but it is way over my budget. I will probably settle for this one
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4335

From: John Yaglenski <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Amaya Users <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Amaya os
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:26:12 -0400

I would go with a 19" or 21" widescreen.  Westinghouse makes some awesome
monitors for little $$ - check best buy.  I think the 21" is 529.

On 10/5/06 7:39 AM, "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > You can use any size monitor you want. I can't think of anyone who makes
 > monitor less than 17" anymore. I use a 19" monitor at home I have had for
 > about 8 years now and will never go smaller than that. You can also fit
more
 > of the design on your screen by having a larger monitor, instead of
 > scrolling left to right or up and down all the time. I have been looking
at
 > 24" hdtv monitors this past year because I'm sure this one won't last
much
 > longer. (Hopefully this holiday will be good to me so I can go buy it
before
 > the end of the year for a tax write-off.)
 >
 > As far as computer needs go for DesignShop and Amaya, your computer will
be
 > fine but you may want to look into a dedicated computer just for the
 > embroidery. I just bought a new Dell a couple months ago. Pentium 4
3.2mhz,
 > 1gb ram, 256mb video card, gigabit network card (10/100/1000) and many
other
 > 'toys' in it. It is very fast and can handle any embroidery related
software
 > I install in it. Photoshop and DesignShop open very fast (couple seconds
at
 > most) which was a problem on my old computer.
 >

 > From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Subject: [amayausers] Re: Amaya os
 > Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:56:32 +1000
 >

 > Why do you need a 17 inch screen or bigger for the OS/ as long as the
 > resolution is 1024*768 or more?
 >
 > Anand
 >
 > Windows 2000 or XP (Home or Professional)
 > CPU: 800 MHz or faster ( I would go faster)
 > Available hard drive space: 1GB, Plus additional space for embroidery
 > designs as needed
 > Ram: 256 MB ( I would recommend 512 MB or 1 GB, more is better)
 > Video: Video card with 1024 X 768 resolution, 17" or larger monitor
 > Network Card: 10 Megabit 10 Base T Ethernet USB or Parallel Port
 >
 > I hope this helps
 > Russell Silva
 > R. S. Embroidery
 > Amaya Technician
 > Attleboro, Ma
 > 508-222-4433
 >
 > --
 > 4/10/2006

- - - - - - - -

John Yaglenski
President / Chief Executive Officer
Levelbest Communications

I: www.levelbest.com
P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779

active website design . web hosting . content driven websites

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest,
immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.