[amayausers] Amaya opinions

  • From: Barry Cruver <bcruver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:50:48 -0500

First off, Happy Holidays to everyone.

I have the opportunity to purchase a refurbished Amaya for a decent
price.  My current setup is a home machine (Brother 2001ULT), and we are
ready to make the leap into a commercial quality single head machine.
Because of this being our first and only commercial machine, it would
need to be very flexible in what we are asking it to do and put out the
best quality possible on each.  Since starting this we have been
approached to do hats, tote bags, golf towels, and your normal shirts
and jackets.  So there is quite a wide application.  What I'm looking
for is an honest opinion of these machines. The machine would be of
vintage 2002 - 2004, depending on what is in the shop being refurb'd.
I'm also received an offer for a 6 needle (601C) machine for pretty much
the same price.  I have read some posts on the web about the Amaya and
the learning curve with the auto-tension and also the quality
embroidering on caps.  The quote is good for this year (12/31) so I need
to pull the trigger quickly if I'm going to do this.

All opinions welcome,

Thanks you,
Barry