[amayausers] Re: Amaya XT vs others

  • From: Jo Leftwich <leftwichjo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 05:06:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi, John!
I am a retired accountant and office manager who had a
love for needlework but had never done machine
embroidery. In fact, I never use my sewing machine
unless I have to mend something. When I bought an
existing business, it came with an SWF and a Melco EMT
machine. I can't say I ever really learned to properly
use the tensioners on the two machines, there was
aleays something to check and fiddle with. I sold the
SWF and traded the EMT for a 2004 Amaya and leased a
2005 Amaya.
To be able to run the macines separetly or togeather,
to be able to add another if needed and not to have to
mess with tensioning bobbins, sold me. I love taking
them apart and oiling and greasing them! So simple.
If ther is something wrong to do, I did it; hit the
hoop, bent the presser foot, moved the head without
the cover on and dropped the needles out, etc. These
machines really hide very little, you usually know if
something is wrong and what it is and when you call
you get help to fix it or schedule a tec to come out.
I am very happy with Amayas and highly recommend them!
Good hunting.

--- John Bevins <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings Everyone,
>
> This is my first post to the list. I have been
> reading some of the
> list archives on and off for a while now. I am
> looking at purchasing
> my first embroidery machine. Most of my background
> is working in
> computers. I have (I think) narrowed the selection
> down to the Amaya
> XT, Tajima, and Barudan..... considering ZSK a
> little. For the Amaya
> owners on the list I would like to know if and why
> you would purchase
> an Amaya again? I especially would like to hear from
> those of you who
> have or have had other machines in your shop such as
> Tajima or
> Barudan... why did you move to the Amaya? what
> strengths and
> weaknesses does it have compared to the other major
> vendors.
>
> Thank you guys and gals for your time,
> John
> Fresno Engraving