[amayausers] Re: Amaya XT vs others

  • From: OnleeJudy@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 01:08:58 EST

Hi John.

I bought "Big Red" (the version before the XT) in June of 2004.  My
considerations at the time were
    16 needles
    cutting edge
    tensioning set by computer, not by individual knobs  on each thread
    lower tension setting
    CAN work without stabilizer/backing  (but finished product really looks
better with it)
    cap driver
    scaleable/upgradeable
    able to add more machines if I wanted to get that  big
    each one can do something different
    if one takes a break, the others don't have to  follow
        and the biggie
    made in the USA
        (and while I'm here, does  anyone know of a good titanium made in USA
needle?)

And AFTER I purchased it, I found the #1 reason for me to have Big  Red:
        OUTSTANDING customer  service.  They are there, and they are just the
best.

I went from my "hobby" to an embroidery business.  I had a Singer  XL1000
home embroidery machine.  Yes, there was a learning curve.   Yes, it was
intimidating.  Yes, it is bigger than me and no, it did not win  (although on
occasion
I still must stop and scratch the head...)

I would purchase another in a heartbeat.  Unlike most of the other
embroidery shops, I work at keeping my business small.  I managed to put  more
wear and
tear on the ol' frame than it was supposed to take, and so I now  have to
limit my activity (I think of it as an activity diet).  On the plus  side of
working from home, the commute is great, the boss doesn't bug me, what
bureaucracy, and there is no dress code.

Ya gotta get one.  You'll love it.
              Judy