[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya XT goes off the air

  • From: "Margarett" <balinwir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:46:08 -0500

Ed thanks for your reply, and in answer to it,no changes have been made to the computer,and we don't have a screen saver on the PC. But I'm wondering now if maybe ALL we need on this PC is the WindowXP and Design Shop and the Amaya? Would that maybe fix this ?

Margarett

Is there a chance that your hard drive on your PC is going into standby mode or possibly hibernation while you are sewing a

lengthy design?
Have any changes been made to the computer recently? Do you have one of those crazy screen savers running on your PC. If so you should turn that off. Screen savers are a thing of the past and some are so complicated they can drain your system of valuable resources like that of your processor and memory while the PC is trying to "talk" to the Amaya. All these afore mentioned items can cause the computer to lose comunication with the Amaya, and as a result, weird things can happen.
Best of luck,
Ed

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000779-0, 10/08/2007
Tested on: 10/8/2007 7:00:00 AM