[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya XT goes off the air

  • From: "Studio 187 LLC" <InsideStudio187@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Amaya Users" <AmayaUsers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:35:23 -0400

When I purchased the machine, the dialogue was how supportive the techs were
that anything wrong would be addressed . . . blah blah . . . the machines were
delivered by two men (not Melco employees) and dropped off in my garage. I
assembled them and installed the software myself. The problem was discovered
only weeks after I received them. Tech was here a few times (without being
charged travel) and the response was possibly the computer board but not sure.
Now the board was finally replaced. I'm pretty sure if that decision was made
the first time, the repeat visits would have been unnecessary. I also think
that a tech should install all the new machines and test to spec. Can never
tell what shaking or dropping occurred during shipment to its destination.

I agree that Melco should revisit their policy about charging cards
immediately. It's absurd. What ever happened to authorizing a credit charge?
Seems like as long as a company has your credit card number, they're free to
charge at will. I was never told a specific amount -- only that I'd be charged
a nominal travel charge. From what I read on these posts, that could be
anywhere from $50 to $200 and no one really knows until their card is dinged.

It would also be a productive idea to have Melco implement an annual
maintenance program where they come and do a complete tune-up on each machine
at a reasonable price. Like a car gets a tune-up. Might help with their support
reputation. Whenever I speak to the techs, they are always friendly and
knowledgeble. However, trying to schedule a digitizing class has been nearly
impossible. Seems no one knows when it will be because either the teacher has
been on vacation or is too busy, or my last response was the 2008 schedule
isn't in yet. So, I'm still waiting.

GF