[amayausers] Re: Amaya Specific Digitizers Myth

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:03:45 +1000

Thanks Susan,

Rod,

I don=92t know whether you know but you can delete small stitches upto =
.4
mm without losing design quality in 4mm lettering as small as 4mm.

We even go up to .6mm in some designs. You are probably not deleting
enough small stitches in what you call  your optimisation for the Amaya.

The default setting on Wilcom software is .3mm for deleting small
stitches

Anand

I am a mm person too.

5pts=3D .05mm and 10pts=3D.01mm

Hope this helps.

Susan
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Anand,
> The major differences with the Amaya and digitized
> designs is the speed
> and=3D20
> needle placement. Probably what we should be talking
> about in this=3D20
> discussion is not digitizing, but editing of designs
> in general. Two
> things=3D20
> about the Amaya I and others have noticed, is that
> the Amayas do not
> like=3D20
> short stitches in a design and along the same line,
> it does not like
> super=3D20
> small columns, as in small lettering. The cure for
> this is to learn how
> to=3D20
> use the software.h
>=20
>  An example of this is to select the entire design, Properties, Column
> and=3D20
> at the bottom of the display window, change the
> "minimum column width"
> to 10=3D20
> points instead of the default 5 points. This plus
> the ability to adjust=3D20
> thread feeds, material thickness, stitch lengths,
> reduce overall
> stitches,=3D20
> etc, etc, will make it possible to edit any design
> to run flawlessly
> with an=3D20
> absolute minimum of thread breaks.
>=20
> All anyone is saying about digitizing for the Amaya
> is that if the
> digitizer=3D20
> has an Amaya he can verify a given design on, he
> will usually do the=3D20
> footwork for the customer letting him know the best
> settings and speed
> he=3D20
> ran the design at to achieve the best results. If a
> person wants to slow
> the=3D20
> Amaya down to the slower speeds some of the other
> machines run at, than
> you=3D20
> may need less editing of individual designs. Some
> designs need quite a
> lot=3D20
> and others don't need any.
>=20
> Adjusting and editing designs so the Amaya can run
> at 12 to 1300+ does
> not=3D20
> make it an inferior machine in my book. An analogy
> would be kind of like
>=20
> having a high performance racecar. Feed it 85 octane
> fuel, it will still
> run=3D20
> but clean up the fuel and increase the octane and it
> will perform much=3D20
> better. The same applies to any given design--clean
> [...]
=3D=3D=3D message truncated =3D=3D=3D

Susan Riedlinger
Embroidery Station
Columbus, OH

=20
____________
Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap PC-to-Phone call
rates=20
(http://voice.yahoo.com)

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=20