[amayausers] Re: Amaya Specific Digitizers

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:21:22 -0600

Hi Bob,
Rod is out of the computer room right now so I will say that the Amaya was
designed to sew with Organ needles. We use the DBX K5 size75/11 BP for most
things.  If sewing heavy items such as a Carhart coat, we will change to an
80/12 sharp.  If we want nice, crisp small lettering, we will use a 65/9 and
a 60 weight thread.  Ball points for knits and sharps for woven fabrics.
However, do we ALWAYS change our needles---no, not always.  Should we? Yes,
to get the very best stitchouts from all we have been taught.  I don't want
a nice knit shirt leaving here looking great then have it laundered by the
customer and a "run" in the shirt happen because we used a sharp needle and
cut a thread. We are careful to check needles for burrs just to avoid
problems with any fraying or breaking of thread.  So, with all that being
said, if I had to choose just one needle as our most used needle, it would
be a DBX K5 size 75/11 BP.
Sharon