[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya OS dropping offline?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:15:06 UT

This message was posted by FME540 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/957.html#000013

The voice can be changed. It's a setting in control panel. Depending on your
version of Windows there are different voices available. Try them out until you
find one you like. You will need sound card and a set of speakers to hear the
Windows sounds.

Back to the original problem. Amaya OS is designed to recover seamlessly if a
machine drops offline while sewing. If you didn't have the voice notification
turned on you wouldn't even notice. It would just be a screen redraw. There are
a few things that can cause a machine to momentarily drop off. If you are not
using a separate network card for the Amaya it could hang up for a few seconds.
Another program could be using some excess processing time. Another machine
could have been hogging the network. There are probably another 50 reasons.

If the machine only drops occasionally I wouldn't worry about it. All networks
lose or drop packets. If the machine starts dropping off 10-20 times a day then
you need to track down the problem. Until then I wouldn't worry about it.