[amayausers] Re: Amaya - Mac users- TEST UPDATE

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:04:04 EDT

Yea! Now I have a reason to buy a new G5 laptop! Cool.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 7/26/2005 1:38:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ramprinting@xxxxxxx writes:

Jeff,

Just completed the testing of Design Shop running on the  virtual pc side of
a mac g5 computer.  On friday I placed an order for 2  more machines from
Melco Canada along with another set of designshop  software.  To ensure that i
could run this designshop software on the Mac  and not have to have an
additional
pc computer for it ( I want to be able to  digitize in my office while the pc
runs the machines in another location)  Bruce lent me a distributor dongle
and demo software to test before the  equipment got here.  I plugged the USB
security dongle into the rear USB  port of the Mac and then ran virtual pc.
From
windows xp I installed the  true version (not the demo) as it recognized the
security dongle from the Mac  USB port.  I then went under options and tested
all the levels of the  Designshop program on the disk.

They work great.

So now I can  work on a graphic or logo on the mac side of the screen in a
mac based design  program and export as a generic eps file.  Drag th
e file across to  the PC side of the screen and import into designshop to
manual or auto  digitize the design.

I will load and test the actual amaya software  this way too when the new
machines arrive.  I will have no need to  run the machines from the Mac as I
will have a stand alone PC for the machines  but I would like to test if the
Mac
running virtual pc will keep communication  with Amaya OS and the machines.  I
will keep you posted.

Jeff,  please send 1 free amaya machine to the address below as payment for
this late  breaking beta testing, or just ship it to Bruce in Calgary and I'll
pick it up  there.....he he

Keep up the great work building great little  machines.

P.S. I think your designers have harnessed the power from the  little Herbie
car and placed it inside these embroidery machines.  You  would never expect
something so small to rival and beat the larger steel  framed machines

talk to you soon

Dana @
Ram Printing  & Promotions Inc. / Threadworks Custom Embroidery

5025-50th  Street
Lloydminster, AB  Canada
T9V 0L9
(780)  875-5073