[amayausers] Re: Amaya

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:45:27 +1000

Doug,

If you go to a show check out how the grabber on all the other brands of
machines work.

Anand,

I have had my Amaya for over 3 years and have never had the grabber chop my
fingers. If you think about it, if the grabber were to be placed on the back
of the head, how would it grab the thread after a trim. Also, it would be
sticking out behind the head itself and could, depending on what you were
stitching, possibly hang up on a garment.
I did make two modifications on my machine to the grabber. First I removed
the screws that connect it to the actuator arms and painted it flat black,
second, when I re installed it, I used small flat head screws. This is
because at times, if everything is lined up exactly right, when a trim is
done and the grabber moves back to capture the tread after trim, the round
head screws would drag on the left hand hoop support arm. I believe Melco
has a field mod for this problem. The flat black is to cut the glare when
trying to see to rethread a needle.

Regards,
Doug Parker
JTB Embroidery Services, Inc.