[amayausers.com] Re: Alignment

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:04:54 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/243.html#000005

Debbie,
The Presser Foot is made out of a light weight aluminum material and can
sometimes not be perfectly aligned with the needle as Mr. Cathers noted.  The
most important direction for the presser foot is up and down - not side to
side.
 The outside of the adjustment wheel is relative to the position of the presser
foot...  meaning if you roll the outside of the wheel down, the presser foot
will adjust down too.
The presser foot should have been named more appropriately, the "fabric hold
down stick", because that is what it does.  Of course only if the fabric
decides to come up off the needle plate with the needle on the upstroke.  This
would be caused by something like sewing into thick fabric or very dense
stitches.
Since you are sewing on an Amaya XT, my suggestion to you is to leave the
presser foot all the way down for most garments.  As you sew on thick items and
start to see matting marks around the embroidery, particulary above the
embroidery, then I might raise the presser foot slightly.  REMEMBERING to
return it all the way down again when sewing on regular items once again.
Otherwise you're asking for unwanted thread breaks.
Good luck to you.
Ed Orantes