[amayausers] Re: Airwaves transfer instructions?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:29:13 -0500

I think where I don't have a pressure problem is my type of machine-
it isn't the 'clam' type. Its a huge old heavy yellow monster-with a
double 'shaft' right in the middle and a 'U' bar handle. Funky double
cam hinges when you press down and the swivel on the post in back has
a T handle you lift and move around to different 'holes' in the post
for pressure.
So all the pressure is applied to the 'center' area of the platen-and
with it being solid steel-there's not much that would keep it from
sitting level.
I can see how lighter platens or an off set hinge can do that-and
I've had it happen if a collar folds up under and we don't catch it.
Having caught my fingers underneath this (not with heat on) I know it
really can crush down!

Roland