[amayausers] Re: Advertising

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:26:56 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/29.html

As others noted-yellow page ads bring in the retail 'onesies' which just tie
you up for time to make $5.
I do no advertising-other than a great deal through my local chamber of
commerce. They want to send out newsletters every other month-in exchange for
me paying the postage (at bulk non-profit rate I get them to add a 'flyer' in
each letter! So we spend about $150 and get 750 pieces mailed direct to
businesses.
I get ad specialty flyers from my distributors-some free, some I pay for-and I
also have made up my own through a regular print shop cheap.
They also run a yearly televised 'auction'-and I donate a 'business package'
last year valued at $1500. Jackets, hats, (embroidered), pens, and mugs
imprinted. This year instead of one large package, they will let me break it up
to auction off each item. So I'm going to go with hats (from my inventory only,
48 per 'group'), jackets (I have a couple dozen on hand) and also screenprinted
shirts, sweats, etc. to make $2,000 (at my usual retail pricing) in exchange,
we get featured 'front row' ads in all the mailings, teevee ad, and on going
ads during the all day auction. Ended up getting all kinds of business from
last year's auction for months!