[amayausers.com] Re: Accepting Credit Cards

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 23:35:05 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/7/60.html#000012

I also use Paypal for my credit card processing. Yea, the $30 per month fee
sucks but it is very easy to use but they do accept Visa, MC, Discover, and
AmEx. Most credit card processers will charge more than $30 for Discover and
AmEx alone so it does pay for itself. Plus you don't get charged that high
percentage that AmEx charges. I think it's something like 30 cents and 2.6%
each charge no matter which credit card they use, and of course you accept
Paypal as well. Since I do a lot of internet business, I can ship from Paypal
instead of logging into USPS or UPS website to print the label. Here is the
link  https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside
They do have a free version (no $30 month fee but they do charge the other
fees) but the downside of the free version is you can only deposit $500 into
your bank account from Paypal each month. So if you accept more than $500 in
sales, the money sits in Paypal's account.