[amayausers] Re: About to Jump In!

  • From: "For Heaven's Sake Embroidery" <for_heavens_sake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:46:06 -0400

David,

Get the best software package, because you will find that you want to have
more capabilities later.  I would recommend getting all Dakota Collectibles
Designs www.dakotacollectibles.com and getting a device to help make your
hooping of items easier and uniform, I recommend the all-in-one hooper by
www.tex-inc.com because (IMHO) it is the most versatile for the best cost
(everyone else will have their own opinions on this one).
www.fastframes.com or a clamping system for hooping unusual items are good
too.  Finally, choose a thread manufacturer and then get as many of their
colors as possible.  I prefer FuFu threads because of their sheen,
durability and cost www.mescoltd.com or www.goodfortunethreads.com

I am not affiliated with any of these company's, but recommend them all.
Another resource that I find helpful in starting up (18 months ago) was a
manual put out by Stitches magazine about embroidery, the cost was around
$45.

In a related vein, look at Heat Presses while you are at ISS
(www.stahls.com) we added one this past spring and it has already paid for
itself and provides us with the opportunity to offer items at different
price points.

On of the nice thing about this business is that it is different each day.
It keeps you fresh and on your toes.  And, as I've mentioned before, you
will suddenly find yourself looking at all of the embellished wear that
people have on - give great ideas to work with.

Kelly Smith
For Heaven's Sake Embroidery