[amayausers] Re: AM I TICKED

  • From: "Moore Embroidery and Designs" <moore-embroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:49:16 -0500

John:
I had a lot of the same issues that you are referring to.  Tons of thread
breaks, problems with small lettering.  I just kept trying and trying
because I figured it was operator error.  I am new to the commercial
embroidery industry and the Amaya is my first machine.  We recently replaced
the rotary hook and that has helped quite a bit on the breaks.

My small lettering is now looking better than ever.  I have a local tech
that can digitize and use the machine also, all around Amaya user and repair
man.  He taught me to up my tension on the small lettering to 5 and above,
use a center walk and then turn up the pull compensation to 150 or more.
The lettering is clean precise and has enough substance to it to stand out
on the garment and not sink in.  That tip has made a world of difference for
me.

Persistence will pay off.  I did a design and sewed it on a shirt for my
sister, gave her the same blank shirt and the design to take back and sew on
the Brothers where she works.  They are now sick at how much better the
design looks that was sewn on the Amaya.  Plus they have to worry about
always adjusting the tension in different places for all the needles.  Too
much for me.

I hope it works out for you.  I am not saying we don't have problems but,
most of them have been operator error.  Keep sewing!!

LiVawne