[amayausers] Re: 60 weight thread - detail embroidery

  • From: "Itchin To Stitch" <itchin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:17:34 -0500

BlankJohn,
Do you have the small spool of Madeira 60 wt? If you do the problem could very
well be the thread dropping down from the spool and getting caught which in
turn causes your thread to break. I experienced this for a long time before a
Madeira rep called and I told her about it. Now when I use the small 60 wt.
spool I use the Madeira spool holder and thread net and viola', no problems
thereafter. I can give you her name and number if you would like to contact her
regarding this. She sent the thread nets to me free of charge, the spool
holders I purchased when I bought the thread, they were pretty inexpensive.
You also need to adjust your material thickness accordingly as it's a lighter
weight thread. I also use cotton bobbins when using 60 wt. and have one bobbin
case adusted (tension) specifically for this. I always run with a 65/9 needle,
Organ.
I've also heard very good reports about Isalon from Isacord. It's a 40wt. poly
that runs and sews like a 60 wt. I haven't tried it but would definitely give
it a try if the opportunity arose.
Good Luck!
Wendy Solomonson
Itchin' To Stitch