[amayausers.com] Re: 400 towels

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:44:41 UT

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/379.html#000008

I have 12 heads and I would use Askermans waffle tear away backing.  I use this
on all my beanies and towels.  I can run 400 towels on 2 of my 12 heads in 2
full days, take them home and trim them in the evening while I listen to music
and have an extra 800 in my pocket for a few days work on 2 of my 12 heads.  I
have a contract customer I do work for that has a huge helicopter company that
does thousands and thousands of logoa a year.  We run 8-10k stitch logos for
them for $3 each.  We normally have at least 1 or 2 machines running these
designs almost year round so when you are doing contract work its a whole
different ball game.

I only owe on a few of my machines but a majority of them are paid off (my
leases total $1000.00 a month) and I work out of my dads house so we have low
overhead.  I have lots of retail customers as well that I make the $10-15+ per
garment on so that makes up for the lower $$$ contract work but to tell you the
truth the contract work is steady and keeps me rolling all the time.  WHile
right now rolling out of the Christmas season many people don't have much work
to do in Jan while I have stuff backed up that I had to put off and I have
enough work now to almost fill my January.  You can't do everything for the low
prices but I can pick and choose jobs.  Towels are easy to hoop, about 15-20
sec to hoop them and they normally runn real well.  I love towel jobs as long
as there is not lots of small lettering with trims but I can usually take care
of the trims anyways.

We have 2 full time employees, myself and my dad and my brother works about
20-25 hours a week as a machine operator to help us out, he has a full time job
at Costco.