[amayausers] Re: 3mm 3D foam puffy on hat question...

  • From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:26:47 -0800

Peter,
A hair dryer does not supply a temperature that will shrink the foam quickly
enough to do the job before it takes it's tole (?) on the thread. The foam
melts at a lower temp than the thread does but if you stay on it too long
you kill the satin stitch. This is where the walk outline at the small
stitch length comes in to play. It cuts the foam so closely that the foam
shrinks faster than the thread. Why don't you send me your design just for
fun.

Herb
Royal Embroidery