[amayausers] Re: $3 per 1000 stitches digitizing

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:37:09 -0400

Hey John,
How would you like it if one of your regular customers decided to start
buying shirts from someone overseas for a couple dollars less instead of
from you? Some of the Amaya parts are made overseas. Read the box or package
when you order the parts from Melco. I have spare parts here that say "made
in Japan" My understanding is part of the machine is assembled in Texas and
the other part assembled in Denver.

Steve

From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Re: $3 per 1000 stitches digitizing
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:06:55 -0400

Ernest -

Why exactly is it not good business? Maybe YOU are at the point where you
can AFFORD to pay more for things or get better deals because of your size,
but we can't.  We have bills to pay, a home equity line to pay down, and
sometimes, that means we look for a combination of price and quality so that
we get the job.

I am MORE THAN PLEASED with the quality done for us.... I get what I pay for
AND MORE.  So, it's NOT common sense in my book.  They do a great job and
have been very flexible to work with.  I would pit their work up against
anyone here in the US I have used - and your $15 person.  We are in a global
economy.  Some things are just cheaper outsourced.  That's the way it goes.
It's a reality of business in many sectors.

As I said - I still try to use american vendors for the bulk of what we do.
But if say, someone makes a better thread that runs better on my machines
and it's not american made, I'm not going to simply buy american for that
sake.  I happen to think in many areas, we make the best... But I don't have
blinders on either.

To each their own....  I'm not telling anyone how to run their business.
Just giving the flip side of the coin - out business REALITY - where
sometimes it makes business sense to outsorce something.

JOHN

From: bmwklw@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:  Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:49:20 -0600

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.levelbest.com