[amayausers] Re: 2006 Version 7.00.18

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:47:23 -0700

Mary and Craig,

 I think what is happening is the bulldog itself is made as a complex fill,
that has 43 holes in it. The software is choking on trying to process a fill
with 43 overlapping holes and all else that is going on in the computer at
the same time. That is why it opened by saving it then opening it, not as
big a demand on the computer. I converted the Complex Fill to a Complex
Column, (which in reality it should be columns, not a fill) and it works
much better. I think that probably the file was created with the Auto
Digitizing in Auto Mode, it made the decision to make this object a Complex
Fill. Sometimes the Auto mode is not the way to go. In this case, when
converting this object, it should have been told to convert it to Complex
Column or Column 1 objects instead of leaving the program to choose on it
own. What may have happened is the graphic or Vector File had the bulldog as
Fill type of vector object, then Design Shop will try converting it as a
fill. Without having the original vector file, I do not know what type of
vector object the graphic had in it for the bulldog, but I suspect it is a
Fill Vector Object.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems