[amayausers] Re: 100% Cotton Pique - hate'n it!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:21:00 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/39.html#000002

We find that we end up using 3 oz. backing, I prefer 3 oz. cutaway, my wife
prefers 2 1.5 oz. tearaway-faster to remove the excess for her.
Most of the designs we have to use a layer of solvy, and sometimes an extra
underlayment to tie down the pique knit. otherwise the sewing goes down between
the pique rows.
Pique is definitely harder than 'flat' material because you are trying to sew
on a 'corrugated' surface so each needle piercing is in a different thickeness.
We have some samples of the 'mesh' and other backings to test-just haven't
gotten to it it.
Your 'thread shredding' sounds more like you have your needle 'off center' a
smidge-or the needle needs to be rotated just a degree one way or the other.
That's what we check when we get it. Also had a 'burr' on the rotating thread
cutter that had to be polished off-took care of most of it.