ALICE Matters | 30 September 2011

  • From: Ian Randall <Ian.Randall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: alicematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:52:04 +0200

     News from the ALICE Collaboration | 30 September 2011 | Volume 2 Issue
XVI
 Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser<http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/sites/alicematters.web.cern.ch/files/html-letter/ALICEMattersVol2IssueXVI.html>
.
      <http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/>
      <http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/lhc-students-night>

LHC Control Rooms Open to Teens for a Night
<http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/lhc-students-night>

 Making detector adjustments, analyzing data, calculating the subatomic
world’s exotic properties -- these are some of the things a physicist at the
Large Hadron Collider is used to dealing with. Sharing the control room with
a group of teenage students? Not so much...
    <http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/alice-physics-week-2011>

ALICE Physics week 2011 embedded into thousand lakes
<http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/alice-physics-week-2011>

 The 5th ALICE Physics Week in Jyväskylä took place in the close vicinity of
lake Päijänne. The main goal, obviously, was to discuss analysis that will
sort out theory calculations to be sunk to the deepest spot of the Päijänne
lake...
          <http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/My-summer-with-ALICE>
My summer with ALICE <http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/My-summer-with-ALICE>

My contract at CERN as a summer student 2011 recently ended and now that I
am back in Pakistan, I would like to say that being a summer student at CERN
was indeed an honour for me; an achievement I will always take pride in
telling...
    <http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/focus-on-abramyan-and-manukyan>
Focus on : Armenuhi Abramyan and Narine Manukyan
<http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/focus-on-abramyan-and-manukyan>

In this issue of ALICE Matters Armenuhi Abramyan , a 5th year Bachelor
student at the State Engineering University of Armenia (SEUA) and Narine
Manukyan, a 4th year Bachelor student at SEUA, talk about their work at
ALICE…
<http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/focus-on-abramyan-and-manukyan>
 <http://alicematters.web.cern.ch/focus-on-abramyan-and-manukyan>

          Follow ALICE on Twitter