[aix] IOCINFO ioctl doesn't work properly for disks > 2TB

  • From: Randhir I B <hirandhir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:12:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm using AIX 5.2 and have a veritas volume of 2.1TB. When I use the IOCINFO
ioctl call to retrieve the device info, I expect the flags in devinfo to be set
with DF_LGDSK flag. But this bit is not set in  flags.
Is this a known issue with this ioctl ??
Because of this problem, I'm not able to get the proper disksize for devices >
2TB in my application.
Alternatively, is there any other solution to find out the disksize.

thanks,
Randhir

Catch all the FIFA World Cup 2006 action on Yahoo! India Click here