[AUG] Re: Scrum Board across multiple locations *** bright ideas needed ***

  • From: Shane Paterson <Shane.Paterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: agile-users-group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:57:38 +1200

Hi Julie,

We tend to do quite a bit of "distributed agile" out of necessity.

We tend to keep the story details on an electronic tool like
mingle/version one/sharepoint/jira/xplanner etc, as a kind of "single
source of truth". In conjunction with that, I run a story wall in each
location with just the card titles and points on them, so that the
developers can have their daily meetings around it.  It's not ideal, but I
think it's necessary to have something tactile in front of them, rather
than having everything hidden away in an electronic tool or spreadsheet.

Shane Paterson
Service Delivery Manager
Solnet Solutions Limited
Level 7, Brookfields House
19 Victoria Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
PO Box 6619, Auckland 1141, New Zealand
DDI +64 9 977 5881, Mobile +64 21 224 2658
Main +64 9 977 5800, Fax +64 9 977 5801

Julie Godfrey <juliegodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: agile-users-group-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
22/09/2008 02:40 p.m.
Please respond to

[AUG] Scrum Board across multiple locations *** bright ideas needed ***

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone had some good ideas of how to replicate the Scrum
Board across multiple locations?
The project I'm on now will end up having people working in 4-5 locations.
 The Scrum Board is working really well for the core project team (all
located in Chch), but as the project expands to include resources from the
other locations, I need to figure out a way for everyone to have
visibility of the Board.
Any ideas will be v much appreciated.
Can you send replies directly to juliegodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx instead of back
to everyone in the group.

Click here SEEK New Zealand's #1 jobsite

This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of Solnet Solutions Ltd.