[adtools] Re: -use-dynld - Why was it added?

  • From: Trevor Scroggins <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 15:28:04 -0700

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Hans-Joerg Frieden
<Hans-JoergF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> libc.so, then libc.so will be loaded ten times. When I wrote that stuff, I
> tried to make up a way to really share the code, but didn't get around to it
> (as usual).
>
> I figured that not making shared object the default would be a better idea.

Sounds reasonable. Did we rename libgcc_s.so to libgcc.so to provide a
shared libgcc that "just works" (unless you're using libtool) without
having to understand gcc's link specs, or was there more to it than
that?

Trev
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools