[adtools] Re: the status of the sdk?

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:22:00 +0100

Hello Jocke,

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:18:36 +0100, Jocke Birging wrote:

[...]
> Since I'm here because of the cross-compiler site and such, I thought
> I'd ask about the non-availability of a public sdk. Is it ok to host
> the sdk, put them on a site, or is it still to much of a work in
> progress for that? What about single people trying to make apps work on
> os4?

What has the adtools project todo with the OS4 SDK? The adtools project was
founded to port development tools like GCC, binutils, gdb etc. to platforms
like AmigaOS4, but also AmigaOS3 and MorphOS. So even if the current set of
sources on our adtools project are a bit bound to OS4, adtools is intended
to help the _whole_ Amiga community in terms of development tools.

So supplying any operating system SDK like the OS4 SDK or even the MorphOS
SDK should always be the responsibility of their manufacturers. In terms of
OS4 that's definitly Hyperion ATM.

So our focus should really be to provide tools like GCC, binutils and
friends and perhaps also provide help to other developers.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-351-4716545
Rißweg 27b

Anything that can go wr -- Core dumped
-- 43rd Law of Computing:

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools