[adtools] Re: questions about the GCC port

  • From: Thomas Frieden <thomasf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:48:49 +0200

Hi,

Gunther Nikl wrote:

- TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_END_PROLOGUE: This is used to emit the call to
"__baserel_get_addr". Can't this be done in RTL the same way as its
done to save the baseregister?

Not that I know of. When I wrote this code, I was faced with the problem that the optimizer was moving some code using r2 into the prolog before the __baserel_get_addr call. Therefore, I used this method to make the call (inserting a fence for optimizing didn't work, either, it would still move).

I didn't (and still don't) know a lot about the internals of the compiler, so if you find (or know of) a better way to do that, let me know.

I would suggest, though, to only change it if necessary. At least we know that this method actually works...

Regards,

--
Thomas Frieden <ThomasF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hyperion Entertainment