[adtools] Re: questions about the GCC port

  • From: Andrija Antonijevic <antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:19:14 +0200 (CEST)

On 17-Aug-2005, Gunther Nikl wrote:

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 08:22:54AM +0200, Andrija Antonijevic wrote:
On 15-Aug-2005, Gunther Nikl wrote:

I thought I'd write it as if -mcrt is "stronger" than -nostdinc, ie. if
someone specifies -nostdinc -mcrt=xxx, then -nostdinc should be ignored.

This isn non-intuitive. I expect a -nostd option to omit the standard "behaviour"

Well, one could say "I expect -mcrt=xxx to provide me with the use of xxx CRT", it depends on the point of view :)

Right. The -mcrt= is the first option I know that conflicts with a -nostd option. Now I begin to understand why enhancing GCC is difficult: you always get problems in unexpected areas :-)

Hehe, exactly :)

BTW, something similiar should be added in LINK_SPEC for -nostdlib.

You are right, I missed that for some reason.

Adding custom options is difficult ;)

That one sounds usable ;)

Looking at the previous mails, yes the issue was removing "-mcrt=default"
if it is causing too many problems.

I think it doesn't at the moment, but it might cause them later with multilib. Let's leave it for now?

Yes, its should stay for now.

OK.

Andrija
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools