[adtools] [off topic] Availability of earlier compilers than 4.02 for OS4

  • From: David Aiau <r2yum4u@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:11:37 +1200

Greetings everyone...

I know I'm way behind the times but I recently got OS4 installed and running on
my classic PPC 233mhz (btw, how did the command 'patch' get omitted from the
latest SDK distribution? I'll check if I needed to tick something in the
default installation-in the meantime I dropped in an old version from a 3.9 gcc
installation-it worked)

I decided I'd compile 2.95.3 with the instructions and patch on
http://os4depot.net/

with a few alterations I was able to get it all running and into the gcc-build
directory etc... typed make and was told there is no targets... so why hasn't
the makefile been constructed properly? anyone? :D

gcc                             Dir ----rwed Today     16:58:22
texinfo                         Dir ----rwed Today     16:41:38
config.cache                  12273 ----rw-d Today     16:58:37
libiberty                       Dir ----rwed Today     16:35:32
config.status                   354 ----rwed Today     16:20:19
Makefile                        624 ----rw-d Today     16:20:18
etc                             Dir ----rwed Today     16:58:48
ppc-amigaos                     Dir ----rwed Today     16:19:13

print out of Makefile:

# This file was generated automatically by configure.  Do not edit.
VPATH = ../gcc-2.95.3
links =
host_alias = ppc-amigaos
host_cpu = powerpc
host_vendor = unknown
host_os = amigaos
host_canonical = powerpc-unknown-amigaos
target_alias = ppc-amigaos
target_cpu = powerpc
target_vendor = unknown
target_os = amigaos
target_canonical = powerpc-unknown-amigaos
build_alias = ppc-amigaos
build_cpu = powerpc
build_vendor = unknown
build_os = amigaos
build_canonical = powerpc-unknown-amigaos
enable_shared = no
enable_version_specific_runtime_libs = no
gcc_version_trigger = /1/DL/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/version.c
gcc_version = 2.95.3

surely autoconfig or absence of such isn't to blame?

thanks for your time gentlemen... if anyone knows where I can get OS4 hosted OS4
targetted earlier versions already compiled please let me know? and possibly
any OS4 hosted m68k targetted ones also...

Regards

David

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP