[adtools] Re: native GCC 4.2.4 and unix/amiga pathes...

  • From: "Henning Nielsen Lund" <hnl_dk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:51:56 +0200 (CEST)

> Hello Henning,
>
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:22:51 +0200, Henning Nielsen Lund wrote:
>
> [...]
>>> I have just built a new release archive of GCC 4.2.4 and suddenly when
>>> testing it on my own OS native machine it noticed that there might be
>>> still something broken in our changes. My last (non-shared) GCC 4.2.3
>>> native
>> build worked
>>> out of the box, but now when I try to build a simply helloworld.c it
>> bails out
>>> with a "cc1: unknown command" error message. After running snoopy I
>>> noticed that this new native 4.2.4 build searches via unix pathes for
>> the cc1
>>> compiler rather than converting /gcc/ to GCC:
>>>
>>> Any idea what might be wrong in our current patches? Henning, do you
>>> have any idea if your shared changes broke something in the Unix->Amiga
>>> path conversion routines in some way?
>>
>> As I have made no changes to the sourcecode, should that not make a
>> change. Did you built the binaries with LIBS=-lunix
>
> Well, I built GCC 4.2.4 like I built 4.2.3 about a month ago. Perhaps
> something have to be changed in the default built environment when
> building a
> native version of GCC? Any idea? Perhaps we have to add -lunix per default
> when building GCC?

According to your commit comment from two weeks ago does pex... From
libiberty need to be ported to get native builts to work. In case that has
been changed, then maybe the new functions needs to be linked to libunix,
where the old ones did not.

--
best regards,
hnl_dk - Henning Nielsen Lund

µA1-C (IBM PowerPC 750 FX V2.2 @ 800MHz), 256MB RAM, NEC ND-3500A DVD/CD
RW, Samsung SP1604N 160GB PATA Harddisk drive, Acer AL1721 17" TFT,
modified Tyan M2042 1->3 PCI Riser...