[adtools] Re: libgcc.so, libstdc++.so, and other strangeness

  • From: Sebastian Bauer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:46:26 +0200

Hi!

Trevor Scroggins <trevor.scroggins@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> Referencing
> //www.freelists.org/post/adtools/use-libgccso-instead-of-libgcc-sso
> and this comment from the top-level ChangeLog:
>
> 2008-07-06  Henning Nielsen Lund <hnl_dk@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>    * gcc/gcc/config/rs6000/t-amigaos,amigaos.h: changed the build of the
> shared
>      libgcc to link as "libgcc.so" instead of the standard "libgcc_s.so" to
> make
>      it compatible to the standard naming in AmigaOS4.
>
> I'm confused about the state of building and using shared libraries.
> Does anyone know the original impetus behind renaming libgcc_s.so to
> libgcc.so? This appears to be breaking cross-compiler builds where
> configure can't find libgcc_s.so, and libstdc++.so is linked against
> libgcc.a instead of libgcc.so, at least in the current trunk.

Could you show the log file?

Here, the libstdc++.so is not linked against libgcc or libc at all (neither
static nor shared).

(I isolated the final link command and added a -Wl,--verbose to its arguments)

Bye,
Sebastian

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools