[adtools] Re: cross compilers, m68k targetted...

  • From: Andrija Antonijevic <antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 00:27:32 +0200 (Central Europe Daylight Time)

On 21-May-2006, Joachim Birging wrote:

On 2006-05-21, David Aiau wrote:

we have

http://www.zerohero.se/cross/mos.html &
http://www.zerohero.se/cross/os3.html

is it possible we might see a mos hosted m68k cross compiler? I think
there is something already out there but I like how you've presented
your packages and updates also probably have a higher potential :D

I've been wanting to do this, but so far I haven't been able to produce native binaries of gcc. I have binutils compile with m68k-amigaos target and host ppc-amigaos, but I can't even remember now how I made them.

I asked about which configure and make options was used to produce the os4
native binaries the other week, but didn't get an answer. So, if anyone
could help in this area I'll gladly produce the binary packages and put them
on my page.

I'm not sure that I understand your question, but you can see that with "ppc-amigaos-gcc -v". The configure options are exactly the same as for the cross compilers (described in README.build-gcc) except that the native compiler is not built on OS4, ie. --host=ppc-amigaos --build=xxx options are added (although the --build might not be necessary).

Note that you need to modify the specs file for the cross compiler on the system the build of the OS4 native compiler is performed to include -lunix in front of -lc in the lib spec line for everything to work properly.

Another thing to note is that only the binary files (bin, libexec, ppc-amigaos/bin) are taken from that build to be used with the common noarch archive (README.install). This is only because the cross compilers are built first, it could have been taken from the OS4 build too. In either case creating a proper noarch archive requires some hand-tweaking (building both clib2 and newlib C++ linker libraries, moving them to the correct place and fixing c++config.h to have clib2 and newlib sections).

Andrija
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP