[adtools] Re: binutils 2.18

  • From: Staf Verhaegen <staf.verhaegen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 20:48:25 +0200

Op ma, 01-09-2008 te 13:28 +0200, schreef Thomas Frieden:
> Hi,
>
> Jens Langner wrote:
> > However, if you prefer to merge anything manually to 2.18 please provide
> > a diff file against the official 2.18 so I could assist you in cleanly
> > merging your changes with the changes of the other platforms we are
> > supporting.
>
> I will probably do a manual merge. I don't think that skipping 5
> releases will work automatically.

>  Besides, I have no clue how svn
> branching works, and I'd rather not damage anything :$

branching is so easy in svn I really advocate using it. It will make
life of Jens easier also and it allows to keep commit messages and
history.

% svn mkdir
https://adtools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adtools/branches/binutils
% svn cp
https://adtools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adtools/vendor/binutils/2.18
https://adtools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adtools/branches/binutils/2.18-thomasf

You should then be able to do everything a normal from
https://adtools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adtools/branches/binutils/2.18-thomasf
and Jens would be able to use that tree to merge everything at the right place.

greets,
Staf.

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools