[adeel420] eLibrary

  • From: "Sajid Iqbal" <sajid_cyberspace@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@smtp-2.hotpop.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 02:29:20 +0500

I found a program that some of you might be interested in.  Here is a short
description of it.
eLibrary     Freeware
eLibrary allow you to search Project Gutenberg for an e-book. When you find
the e-book you want you can download and view it.
http://home.cfl.rr.com/ln3gs/elib.html
You can download it directly from this link
www.jfwlite.com/eLib.exe
Just install the program as usual.  Near the end of the install, it brings
up a read me file, just alt f4 out of that and enter on close.
this will put an icon on your desktop for eLibrary.
Run the program and the first thing you need to do is download the book
list, so press control D.  You can also find this on the file menu.  You can
find most things I will mention on the various menu's.
You will have three tabs.  Book List, search, and my library.
On the book list page, you can tab to the listview of all available books.
Press the windows application key on a book to see the available options,
one of which is download book which is shortcut key control B.  You can also
search by author which will bring up the search page with all the books by
that author.
If you switch to the search page, you can search by author, book title and
other criteria.  This search is case sensitive so remember to capitalize
names.  The only other thing worth mentioning about this dialog is if you
tab you will hear author, book title, month and then another month.  That
second month is actually the edit field for year.
Hit enter for search and tab to the listview of results, and press the
windows application key for the options.  Press control B to download the
book.
Control tab to the my library page and here you will find a listview of all
the books you have downloaded to your D:\Program Files\eLibrary\books
folder.
Press the windows application and you can read a book, convert it to HTML
and other options.
Choose read a book (control + r) and it will be brought up and you can tab
from the okay button to start reading the book.  You can use page up and
page down.
There is a short explanation of project Guttenberg at the top.
 When done reading the ebook, press alt f4 to close the book, then alt R for
the book reader menu then c for close to close the ebook reader tab.
Or if you just choose another book to read, it will close the tab for the
first book and bring up the second book you pick.
when try ing to
download a book it will sometimes say it can't find it. You can go to the
view menu, options and on the general page, choose another server where you
might get better results.